Ticket views and filtering
Open the Ticket module in the main menu.
Select a view from the list between the main menu and the tickets. A view works like a predefined filter that helps you see relevant tickets. Views are set up by your administrator or team leader. To set up your own filters, see Filtering.
To set up your own filter, click the blue Filter button at the top left of the ticket list in any view.
The Search window will open. Define your filter and click Search at the bottom of the window to apply the filter. You can save your filter using Filter schemes.
You can save a filter to use it again in the future using Filter schemes. Define your filter and click Save as.
Type your Scheme title and click Save. Click Search at the bottom of the window to apply the filter.
You can quickly access your saved Filter scheme in any view using the dropdown menu next to the Filter button. Click the scheme title to apply it to the current view.
Each view displays a list of tickets that match its criteria. The top of the list contains bulk controls.
- Filter tickets. Use the drop down menu to select a saved filter scheme.
- Filter only your favourite tickets.
- Filter only your tickets.
- Clear filter and selection.
- Bulk change selected tickets (1 or more tickets need to be selected).
- Merge selected tickets (2 or more tickets need to be selected).
- Delete selected tickets (1 or more tickets need to be selected).
- Create a new ticket. See Ticket details.
The list of tickets is below the controls. Sort the tickets by individual columns by clicking the column name.
A new ticket or a ticket with a change will be bold (unread) until its owner opens it.
- Bulk select tickets.
- Open ticket.
- Open the Contact or Account in the CRM module.
- Take ownership of the ticket.
- Delete the ticket. After you click Delete, choose whether to simply delete the ticket or to also anonymise all related activities, which will delete all data related to the ticket. Use anonymising with caution!
The top part of the ticket detail screen contains general ticket controls.
- Follow ticket. Your user name will appear in the Followers field (see 11 in middle part of ticket details below).
- Call from ticket.
- Email from ticket.
- SMS from ticket.
- Display ticket change history.
- Go back to the list of tickets.
- Save ticket.
- Open list of macro options (see 10 in bottom part of ticket details below).
- Hover over to display the ticket's parent and/or child tickets. Click to open the ticket's list of parent and/or child tickets in the Tickets tab – see 4 in the bottom part below.
The middle part of the ticket detail screen contains important ticket parameters. Fields with an exclamation markare mandatory.
- Select the ticket's primary contact.
- Type the ticket title.
- Select a category.
- Select a deadline manually (set by your SLA and priority if left empty).
- Select a priority.
- Select a date to reopen the ticket if stage set to Waiting or Closed.
- Select a status. If the category you have chosen has a mandatory status, you must select a status when you close the ticket – you can leave it empty until then.
- Type a description.
- Select the ticket owner. You can take ownership yourself or pass the ticket on to someone else.
- Select a stage:
- Open – the ticket is being handled.
- Waiting – a reply has been sent to the customer, waiting for their reaction. You can set a reopen date (6).
- Closed – the ticket has been solved. You can set a reopen date (6). If the customer replies, the ticket will be set to Open again.
- Archived – the ticket has been solved. If the customer replies, a new ticket will be created automatically.
- Enter ticket followers. They will receive notifications when there are any changes to the ticket.
If you have a custom form set up for your tickets, you will find it below this part. Ask your Team Leader or Supervisor if you are unsure how to fill it out.
The bottom part of the ticket detail screen contains additional info and controls.
- Add a comment to the ticket.
- View and add records.
- View ticket attachments.
- View previous tickets. In the Actions column, you can merge them with the current ticket by clicking , add them as a child or parent ticket by clicking or remove their child/parent relationship by clicking .
- View past activities.
- View articles.
- Select a file to attach to the ticket or drag and drop files into the grey area around the Select files button.
- Go back to the list of tickets.
- Save the ticket.
- Custom macros – your team leader or administrator may set up different ones.
The ticket history is located below.
- Expand/collapse all.
- Filter specific activity types.
- Expand entry.
- Mark as important and activity controls. Activities with a phone number allow you to call and text, activities with an email address allow you to send an email, activities with Facebook/WhatsApp/Viber history allow you to send messages.
Hover over phone number and email links to bring up a list of actions: