Send a new SMS
To send a new SMS, click the New SMS button in the static panel at the top of your screen.
The Send SMS message window will open.
- Enter a phone number or a contact's name.
- Select a status. You must select a status before sending the message (not if you start a chat).
- Type an SMS message.
- Close the Send SMS message window.
- Start an SMS chat.
- Send message and close the Send SMS window.
From the CRM module
Open the CRM module in the main menu and go to Contacts on Accounts.
Find the Contact or Account you would like to send an SMS to and open the details. See CRM for detailed instructions.
Click the SMS icon next to the Contact or Account phone number. The Send SMS message window will open.
From a ticket
Open the Ticket module in the main menu.
Open the ticket that you would like to send an SMS from. See Tickets for detailed instructions.
Click the yellow SMS button in the top right corner of the ticket and choose the customer's number that you would like to SMS to, or choose Other number. The Send SMS message window will open.
If one of your past activities in the ticket contains a phone number, you can also send an SMS from one of those.
Click the SMS button. The Send SMS message window will open.
Start a new SMS Chat in the Send SMS message window. A new tab with the SMS chat details will open in the static panel.
Click the SMS tab to see the SMS chat details. Click it again to return to the previous screen (e.g. the Dashboard).
The SMS chat detail screen may contain different widgets set up in different order. The SMS widget is the only mandatory one.
The SMS widget header displays the Queue number, queue name and the customer's name.
The top part of the widget contains the chat history and chat controls.
- Type your message in the field. To send your message, click Send (4) or press Enter on your keyboard. Use Shift+Enter to start a new line.
- Open a dropdown menu and select a template to insert.
Load older messages from earlier SMS chats with this contact. Only appears if any history exists.
Only chats to the same number will load. A number with a prefix is considered different to a number without a prefix. 00 and + are considered to be the same.
- Send SMS chat message.
The bottom part of the widget allows you to manage the SMS chat.
- Select a status. You must select a status before closing the SMS chat.
- Mark the SMS chat as important.
- Open a URL (set up by your administrator).
- Invite another agent to the SMS chat.
- Transfer the webchat to another agent.
- Postpone SMS chat. You can find it in the Postponed activities button in the static panel.
- Close the SMS chat tab. You must select a status before closing the SMS chat.
Contact and Account widgets
The Contact and Account widgets display CRM information about the customer and the company they are from.
- View the record in the CRM module. Click the SMS chat tab to return to the SMS chat detail screen.
- Edit the CRM record.
- Open the given CRM module info in the background. Click the Main menu button to view it .
- Open SLA settings.
- Unpair the CRM contact from the activity. You can pair a new contact to the activity in Contacts.
- Click the Activities tab in the header to view the contact's past activities.
- Open activity detail. See Activities for more detail.
If the customer's details are not saved in the CRM module, the Contact widget will be open on the Activities tab.
Click Add new contact to open the CRM module and create a new entry. See CRM for more details.
Use this widget to assign an existing or new ticket to the SMS chat.
- Search for a ticket.
- Filter your favourite tickets.
- Filter your tickets.
- Filter the current contact's tickets.
- Filter the current company's tickets.
- Create a new ticket.
- Assign ticket to the SMS chat.
- Open the ticket in the Ticket module. Click the SMS chat tab to return to the SMS chat detail screen.
You can apply multiple filters to view only tickets relevant to your SMS chat.
Once you assign a ticket to the SMS chat, the widget will display the ticket details.
See Tickets for more details.
The Calendar widget displays your scheduled events. Days coloured green contain events. The selected day is bold. See Dashboard for more details.
Use co-browsing to help customers navigate your website, software or the real world. Both sides can share their screen, video and sound.
Click Create video room to start. The video room will open in your Co-browsing widget.
You can invite customers by:
- sharing the entire URL of your new room. Your URL is
- Enable camera.
- Enable desktop sharing.
- Disable camera.
- Enable microphone. The customer will need to unmute you in their video room to hear you.
- Disconnect from the video room.
The customer's video room has similar controls.
- Unmute agent.
- Start/stop sharing video.
- Start/stop sharing screen.
- Start/stop sharing sound.
- Leave conference room.
The Articles widget displays a list of your available articles – these can contain info that can help you in your work.
- Open the article in the Knowledge base module.
- Read the article in the Articles widget.
This is what an article open in the Articles widget looks like:
Click the Back button to return to the list of articles.
Page in iframe
The Page in iframe widget displays an external web page. Interact with the page just like you would normally. You can scroll using your mouse wheel or the controls on the right hand side.
Transfer an SMS chat
To transfer an SMS chat, go to the SMS chat widget in the SMS chat tab.
Click the Transfer button. This will open the Transfer activity window.
Select where to transfer the SMS chat. You can choose a specific person or a queue. Click Transfer.
Your SMS chat will end and the customer will be transferred.
Invite another agent to an SMS chat
To invite another agent to a SMS chat, go to the SMS chat widget in the SMS chat tab.
Click the Invite button. This will open the Invite to activity window.
Select who to invite to the SMS chat. You can choose a specific person or a queue. Click Invite.
You and the agent you have invited will now both be chatting to the customer.
The customer will not be able to tell which agent has sent which messages.
When one of the agents closes the chat, the customer will continue to chat to the other agent.