URL popup is easy to implement and powerful type of integration. You can display the external application in window popup with each incoming or outgoing activity. It is possible to enable URL popup on all queue types (email, webchat, sms, facebook messenger, ...). URL popup is defined by creating Macro button in queue settings and it is possible to define many Macro buttons with URL popup per queue. You can use parameters of the given activity and use it as query string parameter of the URL window popup - like callerID, agent's name, name of the queue, email address of a webchat customer, etc.
How to configure URL popup
Click on Settings→Queues and edit the respective queue.
Now first click on "Extended" button to show the additional queue settings and scroll bottom to the section named Macro links.
- Open - when enabled window popup open automatically on activity start
- Unique - when enabled window popup will use the same window for each new activity
- Popup - when enabled new window popup will be used, otherwise same original window will be used
- Width and Height - you can configure size of your popup in pixels
- URL - you can specify the URL with parameters, if you need to use the parameters from the activity, please see the Parameters section below
- Title - you can give your popup name
When operator answers activity (call in this example) there's a macro button with the defined URL window popup (1.) and after you click on it new popup is opened (2.)
Parameters - how to use the activity parameters
You can use the parameters from the activity in URL window popup. You need to use special syntax when accessing the parameters. Lets show it on practical example where we would like to have window popup on incoming call. This window popup will open our example echo service which returns the parameters specified in query string - we want to use phone number, agent's name and queue's name.
How to get the parameters for this example:
- We are working with call activity and such we have access to all values in the activitycall object
- Use the special syntax notation of $item[<property name>]
- If the <property name> is type of object you can access all properties of this inner object by using $item[<property object>][property name] (example: $item[id_agent][name])
- This is the final url which we put into the URL windows popup:
If is activity linked to campaing record or CRM contact, it is also possible to use customFields values