Answer an incoming call
Your incoming call notifications will appear in a black rectangle in the top right corner. You may also hear a notification sound.
The notification displays:
- the customer's details. Click their name or company to open their CRM details.
- the name of the Queue and the amount of Time the customer has been in the queue.
- the amount of time since you received the notification.
Accept or Reject the call by clicking one of the corresponding buttons. You may see a white button next to the reject button. This opens a URL defined by your administrator.
You may have limited time to answer the call. If you take longer, you may automatically be put on an unpaid pause.
Notice the Waiting activity badge?
You may be able to answer calls even if you don't receive a black notification (e.g. because you are logged out of a queue or because the call is being routed to one of your colleagues).
Click the Waiting activities button and Accept the call.
Once you have accepted a call, a new tab will appear in the static panel. It will be labeled with the caller's name or phone number. Your Phone button will turn red and display the duration of the call.
Click the red Phone button to open a list of actions:
- Hang up.
- Put the customer on hold/unhold.
- Invite another agent to the call.
- Transfer the call to another agent.
- Send the customer an SMS.
Click the call tab to see the call details. Click it again to return to the previous screen (e.g. the Dashboard).
The call detail screen may contain different widgets set up in different order. The Phone widget is the only mandatory one.
The Phone widget header displays the Queue number and name, the body displays the customer's phone number and call duration. The widget allows you to manage the call.
- Select a status. You must select a status before saving the call.
- Mark the call as important.
- Open a URL (set up by your administrator).
- Transfer the call to another agent.
- Invite another agent to the call.
- Put the customer on hold or end hold.
- Hang up.
- Open the numpad.
After your call has ended, the buttons at the bottom of the Phone widget will look like this:
Click Call again to select an outgoing call queue and call the customer back.
Click Save to save and close the activity. You may need to select a status first in the campaign record widget.
Campaign record widget
Use this widget to assign a campaign record to the call.
- Search for a campaign record.
- Filter your favourite records.
- Add a new campaign record.
- View campaign record.
- Assign the call to a campaign record (only available if the phone number is the same as the record).
Once you have assigned a campaign record, you will be able to select a status in this widget and not in the Phone widget.
Contact and Account widgets
The Contact and Account widgets display CRM information about the customer and the company they are calling from.
- View the record in the CRM module. Click the Call tab to return to the call detail screen.
- Edit the CRM record.
- Open the given CRM module info in the background. Click the Main menu button to view it.
- Open SLA settings.
- Unpair the CRM contact from the activity. You can pair a new contact to the activity in Contacts.
- Click the Activities tab in the header to view the contact's past activities.
- Open activity detail. See Activities for more detail.
If the customer's phone number is not saved in the CRM module, the Contact widget will be open on the Activities tab.
Click Add new contact to open the CRM module and create a new entry. See CRM for more details.
Use this widget to assign an existing or new ticket to the call. If a ticket has already been assigned, the widget will display it.
- Search for a ticket.
- Filter your favourite tickets.
- Filter your tickets.
- Filter the current contact's tickets.
- Filter the current company's tickets.
- Create a new ticket.
- Assign ticket to the call.
- Open ticket in the Ticket module. Click the Call tab to return to the call detail screen.
You can apply multiple filters to view only tickets relevant to your call.
Once you assign a ticket to the call, the widget will display the ticket details.
The Calendar widget displays your scheduled events. Days coloured green contain events. The selected day is bold. See Dashboard for more details.
Use co-browsing to help customers navigate your website, software or the real world. Both sides can share their screen, video and sound.
Click Create video room to start. The video room will open in your Co-browsing widget.
You can invite customers by:
- sharing the entire URL of your new room. Your URL is
- Enable camera.
- Enable desktop sharing.
- Disable camera.
- Enable microphone. The customer will need to unmute you in their video room to hear you.
- Disconnect from the video room.
The customer's video room has similar controls.
- Unmute agent.
- Start/stop sharing video.
- Start/stop sharing screen.
- Start/stop sharing sound.
- Leave conference room.
The Articles widget displays a list of your available articles – these can contain info that can help you in your work.
- Open the article in the Knowledge base module.
- Read the article in the Articles widget.
This is what an article open in the Articles widget looks like:
Click the Back button to return to the list of articles.
Page in iframe
The Page in iframe widget displays an external web page. Interact with the page just like you would normally. You can scroll using your mouse wheel or the controls on the right hand side.
The Transcripts widget displays the transcript from the call steering application.
- The text of the transcript.
- How confident the call steering app is that the transcript matches what the caller said.
- The type of call steering app that was used.
- Widget – a simple transcript of what the caller said.
- Prefmember – the caller said the name of the person or department they want to talk to.
- Queue – the caller said the name of the person or department they want to talk to.
- Custom directions – depends on your particular setup.
- Dialplan routing – the caller said the name of the person or department they want to talk to.
Transfer a call
There are two ways you can start to transfer a call:
- Click the red Phone button in the static panel and click Transfer.
- Click the Transfer button in the Phone widget on the Call detail screen.
This will open the Transfer activity window.
Select where to transfer the call. You can choose a specific person or a queue.
Once you have selected where the call should be transferred, you can:
- Blind transfer: your call will be ended as soon as you click the button. The customer will be on hold while the phone is ringing and will be connected to the new agent as soon as they answer. The new agent will only know the customer's name or phone number and that you have transferred the call to them.
- Transfer: the customer will be put on hold. You will be connected to the agent you are transferring the call to so you can explain to them what the customer needs. When the agent answers the phone, your Phone widget will look like this:
- The customer is on hold. If you unhold them, you will be in conference – you, the customer and the agent you are transferring to.
- Switch hold. The agent you are transferring to will be on hold and you are now speaking to the customer again.
- Cancel the call transfer.
- Transfer the call. Your call will be ended and the customer will speak to the other agent.
While you are talking to the agent you are transferring the call to, they can also control the call.
Answer a transferred call
Answer a transferred call the same way you would a regular call. The notification will also show which agent is transferring the call to you.
After you Accept the call, the Phone widget controls on the Call detail screen will look slightly different:
- The customer is on hold. If you unhold them, you will be in conference – you, the customer and the agent transferring the call.
- Take the call. The agent that transferred the call will be removed from the call. The customer will no longer be on hold.
- Hang up. If you have not taken the call before hanging up, the agent transferring the call will see you have hung up. The customer will still be on hold until the original agent unholds them or transfers them to another agent.
While you are talking to the agent that is transferring the call to you, they can also control the call.
Invite another agent to a call
There are two ways you can start to invite another agent to a call:
- Click the red Phone button in the static panel and click Invite.
- Click the Invite button in the Phone widget on the Call detail screen.
This will open the Invite to activity window.
Select who to invite to the call. You can choose a specific person or a queue. Click Invite.
The Phone widget on the Call detail screen will now show the customer as well as the agent you have invited.
You can repeat the process to invite more agents to the call. If you put the customer on hold, you can also transfer the call to the other agent on the call.
The agent(s) you have invited to the call can also control it.